In this new learning environment it is paramount that students are reminded of their responsibility to remain safe online. This section of the website provides the safety information that we required students to understand at the start of the year before they accessed any technology tools.
A digital citizen refers to a person who has the knowledge and skills to effectively use digital technologies to communicate with others, participate in society and create and consume digital content. Digital citizenship is about confident and positive engagement with digital technologies. By educating students about digital citizenship, they will have the opportunity to develop an understanding about the following concepts:
- digital and information literacy
- internet safety
- privacy and security
- cyberbullying, relationships, etiquette and communication
- creative credit and copyright
- digital footprint
When I use Information Communication Technology equipment, I agree to be a safe, respectful, learner.
- I will not share my passwords.
- I will minimise my screen and talk to a trusted adult if I come across anything that makes me uncomfortable.
- I will only use the internet to search for material that is appropriate for my home learning.
- I will not change any settings, add or remove apps, programs or download files
- I understand that using technology is a privilege and any misuse will have consequences.
- I will always respond online in a positive and respectful way.
- I will not take any recordings (still, moving or audio) without that person’s permission.
- I will not open, alter, and delete anyone else’s work.
- I will not share any emails or files without the owner’s knowledge.
- I will not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any system.
- I will properly get my device and return it to the appropriate place.
- I will sign out of all apps and use the shutdown process
- I will take care of the device by holding it with two CLEAN hands and keeping it away from food and drinks.
- I will only be using the program / apps that my teacher has instructed to use.
- I will not allow the device to distract me from learning